Skip to main navigation Skip to main content


Q: When does Oakland's City Government meet?
A: City Commission meetings are held the second Monday of every month at City Hall on Main Street. Residents are encouraged to attend meetings, whether to voice a concern or just find out what's going on with our City Government.

Q: How do I reserve the Community Center?
A: Please call Becky Van Meter at (270) 438-8485 or Amelia Blubaugh at (270) 996-9097 for Community Center reservations.
The center can be reserved free of charge for Oakland residents, and at a cost of $25 for non-residents.  A $25.00 refundable security deposit is required at the time of reservation.
The Community Center includes a kitchen, bathroom, and large meeting area.

Q: How are tax dollars spent?
A: Tax revenue provides funds for road maintenance, insurance, fire and police protection, and legal and administrative fees. The City Commission prepares an annual budget and a monthly Treasurer's Report which can be viewed on this website.

Q: Who do I contact for questions regarding Property Taxes?
A: You may contact the City Clerk/Treasurer, Amelia Blubaugh, at (270) 996-9097​